Today, I spent the day doing some shopping.... shorts, pants, jammies, shirts, dress pants, shoes, socks, a coloring book and colored pencils, a notebook, scissors, glue stick, construction paper, modeling clay, three hot wheels, plastic animals, bouncy ball, slinky, stickers, bubbles, books, a back pack, water bottle, multi vitamins. All for one little boy. All for one incredibly long flight home.
You know what that means?
It means we're getting close, folks!!!
Pray that it continues to go smoothly. This week, we should get our USCIS approval, our "golden ticket". The last thing needed for our dossier. Once that's in, we send documents off for apostilling and then we are ready to mail it to his country.
Get ready, because one little boy is coming home soon! Home to a family who loves him. A family who will make sure he's never hungry or lonely or cold again. Our family is receiving a miracle, a choice son of Heavenly Father. A survivor. A child with enormous courage and strength. A child who has been through more in six years than I have experienced in forty. A child who, despite all of this, still smiles. I will be honored and blessed to call him "son". Make no mistake... we are the lucky ones.
Things are moving right along!
ReplyDeleteOh, I am so happy for you! Awesome! I am looking forward to shopping for our little guy! That must have been so much fun. Starting to seem real yet?
ReplyDelete