As far as feet go, Seth has some pretty cute ones!!
When we arrived in Ukraine, Seth had been in a wheelchair for three and a half months straight. Seth had not had any kind of therapy or stretches since he'd been transferred. No one had taken care of those cute little feet. Seth's feet were so tight, I could not get them to flex, even pushing as hard as I dared.
These are pics of Seth's feet while we were in Ukraine. Notice that his foot was so tight that it pulled downward. We couldn't even get a pair of shoes to stay on him. Caregivers could, however, get four pair of socks to stay on!!! :)
When we arrived in Ukraine, Seth had been in a wheelchair for three and a half months straight. Seth had not had any kind of therapy or stretches since he'd been transferred. No one had taken care of those cute little feet. Seth's feet were so tight, I could not get them to flex, even pushing as hard as I dared.
These are pics of Seth's feet while we were in Ukraine. Notice that his foot was so tight that it pulled downward. We couldn't even get a pair of shoes to stay on him. Caregivers could, however, get four pair of socks to stay on!!! :)
Here's his foot from a top angle. He was not able to stand flat footed. He was at a ballerina point ALL. THE. TIME!
After two and a half months of stretching, AFO's and therapy, look at what we have!
This is his foot, off the ground:
And flat footed:
After two and a half months!! That, my friends, is a miracle!
That's what good medical care and lots of love will do for a little boy!
In our house, we are celebrating his little successes and his big successes. This is a BIG success! This is when we realize we've made a difference in one little boy's life.





That is amazing! I'm so happy for you and your boy! A family makes all the difference in the world!
ReplyDeleteHi! That really is a major success! My son, Max, had serial casting this summer to resolve the arching in his right foot. I am glad Seth is doing so well.
ReplyDelete