When progress comes, it comes in bucket loads!! Today was a huge Seth day. I woke up a little discouraged and hoping to see some progress in a couple of areas. I even commented to another adoptive mom that I'd like to see some improvements. And improvements we got!
Today, Seth said another word. Hannah. :) What a sweet word to choose. That brings his count up to seven. He says Mama, Daddy, Water, Hi, Juice, yummy and Hannah. Eight words if you think "mmmmm" is a word!
And in PT, he took 15 steps on his own, in his AFO's. I was holding him up, of course. He's taken small little steps without his AFO's before, but has been having a much harder time since getting them. So that was huge progess, to see him walking. Brought tears to my eyes and a BIG smile to his face!
Another therapist popped in to say hi to us today and to meet Seth. She said "He's a lucky little boy to have your family". I said "He's an amazing boy. He is amazing". And then I started to cry. How blessed we are to have him in our family! He has such a determined spirit. He just needed someone to believe in him.
This is just six weeks home! Just six little old weeks. Wonder what the next six weeks will bring for him!

You are absolutely right! the sky is the limit :)
ReplyDeleteThis one choked me up a bit. He did just need someone to believe in him.
ReplyDeleteEight words is amazing considering he has never heard English before and he has only been home for 6 weeks!!
ReplyDeleteWhen you take into account how overwhelming it must have been to move to a new place, with lots of new faces, and everyone speaking in a new language, I think that 8 words is wonderful!! He can do anything :)
You have one amazing little boy :)
Been following Seth's journey since my sister Monica told me about your blog. I think Seth is as lucky to have you as you are to have him. What an amazing child! Happy Holidays to all the Lunnens!
ReplyDeleteSlava bogu! Praying for continued language learning so he can understand and communicate his needs and ideas better. For our Z home at 6 1/2 he we could understand 50% of his language at 3 months home. At 5 months home he woke up speaking sentences and hasn't stopped! Praying you continue to see miracles. They will come!
ReplyDelete