All I can say is WOW!! Jeremy and I arrived at Seth's orphanage on Friday to find him... well.... not in good shape. We quickly realized he'd been more or less sitting in his wheelchair for three months straight. No floor time, no time with toys, no play time with other kids. Just sitting and looking at other kids, sitting. Heart breaking. When he left his baby house he was sitting up unassisted, feeding himself, drinking from a cup, pulling himself to a stand. All skills that were lost. After we got over our shock, we got to work, and every day, this boy makes significant progress. He is one determined little boy. On Saturday, I had to teach him how to feed himself again. By Sunday, he wouldn't let me help. On Saturday, I placed his little hands on the sides of his cup. On Sunday, he shooed my hands away and held his cup by himself. He works each day on sitting up and is able to do it for longer and longer periods. It's amazing how quickly your muscles will atrophy when not in use. But today... today, he surprised us both. Today, he crawled over to Jeremy, looked up, put his hands in Jeremy's hands, strengthened his resolve, mustered his energy, and without any assistant other than balance from Jeremy, did this:
He stood up. After three months of being confined to a wheelchair, he stood up on his own. Because he knew he could. Because he wanted to show us he could. This kid has persistance. He. Won't. Give. Up!


Goosebumps! I can't find the words to tell you how happy I am. He just needed a chance to show the world who he is. Now he has that chance!
ReplyDeleteHe's such a strong boy! I'm praying for him and for you, I can't wait to see the progresses he'll make once he is HOME!
ReplyDeleteOh, that just gave me chills! LOOK AT HIM! He is amazing! :)
ReplyDeleteThat is absolutely FANTASTIC!
ReplyDeleteWOW!!! What a difference just a little help can make. What a determined and strong little boy!! Oh, I can't wait to show this to my boys :-)
ReplyDeleteWow!!! That is God's handiwork persevering through him...he is using this child to teach us all a lesson. Totally awesome and inspiring!
ReplyDeleteabsolutely amazing!!! gives me goose bumps!
ReplyDeletelove, love ,love!!