Friday, December 7, 2012

A beautiful sight!

I'm always amazed when I see who all has donated to Seth's former institution.  When I see the list, I see that so many donations are from people I don't even know.  People who do not actually know Seth.  I'm amazed that Seth's story has touched so many and I'm reminded continually that one person can make a big difference.  In fact, we make a difference one person at a time, one good act at a time.  Today, I received pics of the wheelchairs arriving in Magala.  In truth, they've been there for a few weeks, but I was waiting for pics before I said anything, because I know you like pics.  :)  So here is what you did...

You took this:

And helped turn it into this (doesn't he look better already???)...

 
and this....
 
 
and this....
 

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.  To see them in decent, more modern wheelchairs, in good repair, is so heart warming.  Because I know the way they've been living.  I know how bad their wheelchairs were.  I know how broken they were, how old they were, how ripped up they were.  I knew what the institution was having to do to keep them in use .  They really have so little.  They expect so little.  I believe they should at least have a comfortable, safe place to sit.  This is well outside the meager budgets of an institution.  This was your doing, and I thank you for helping Helping Hands USA get them what they needed. 
 
Don't ever underestimate the impact of one small act of charity. 
 
Together, lots of small acts add up to big things.
 
If you have not already done so, please consider liking Helping Hands USA on facebook:
 
 
Visit their website.  Follow what they're doing in Ukraine.  Support them. They are doing amazing things among those who are the most vulnerable, most needful. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment