Saturday, September 22, 2012

Meet another one of Seth's friends

Okay, to be perfectly honest, I did not think we'd reach this last goal.  When Helping Hands USA approached me, I was nervous.  We only just shipped out the wheelchairs and here I was, asking for help again.  And to make it more complicated, we only had four days to do it in.  I decided to hope for the best, and now, here we are, sitting at 100% once again.  Why?  Because I have pretty amazing friends who step up when they see a need.  I cannot thank you enough for loving these boys like I do.  The boxes of clothing have been shipped out and are on their way to Ukraine.  I'll post pictures as soon as they arrive.  We could not have done this without you.  Because of your help, these boys, who have so very little, now have fans, CD players, someone who comes to read to them twice a week, new wheelchairs and new clothing.  But more important than all of that, they know someone loves them.  A special thank you to Helping Hands USA for coordinating all these efforts to bring aid into their institution.  What a blessing it is to me to have found them! 

If you are on facebook and haven't already done so, please go to their page and "like" and share them.  They are doing tremendous good for orphans in Ukraine. 


And now, I have another way for you to help the kids in this institution. See this little boy sitting next to Seth?  The little boy in the orange chair?

 
 

We have a chance to help him.  His name on Reeces Rainbow is "Francis".  Francis likely lived the first 6 years of his life at the baby house with Seth and Cohen (Josiah).  He was transferred at least a year before Seth was.  Francis is living at the institution where Seth was.  At the institution, they were in the same room and usually sat side by side.  Francis is a little boy who desperately needs a family.  He, like Seth, has cerebral palsy.  He gets food and he's clean, but he gets no mental stimulation, no therapy, no stretching, no schooling.  He sits in his orange chair day after day after day.  I can't imagine the despair and loneliness that must cause.  I can't imagine waking up every morning, knowing that all I'm going to do is sit in an orange chair until bedtime.  Francis is very sweet, but very delayed and very locked inside himself.  He has the most amazing blue eyes and of all the boys who worried me while I was there, he was the one who worried me the most.  Francis has significant needs.  And he needs a family to step forward to help him. 

We have a chance to help change Francis' life. Francis has been nominated to be on the Angel Tree this year.  The Angel Tree is a campaign that Reeces Rainbow does every Christmas season to raise awareness and funds for orphans.  Only 2 per category can be selected and it's done by votes.  If we can get Francis on the Angel Tree, he will have the opportunity to have a larger grant available to him, which will help us find his family. Voting is free and easy.  You can vote once a day through Thursday for Francis.  Can you help? 

Here is the link to Reeces Rainbow Angel Tree selection.  Scroll down to the boys, find Francis and click on the word "vote".  That's all.  That's how easy it is to help an orphan.  It doesn't get much easier.  Remember to come back and do it every day through Thursday.  Together, we can get Francis on the Angel Tree and help him find his family. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I did my voting a few days ago and I voted for Francis! He just looks like he needs to be rescued so badly. Thanks for sharing more about him, and yay for meeting the goal!!!

    ReplyDelete