Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Special delivery!

Two weeks ago, I told you about a need for a group of orphans in Ukraine, a group of people you had never met.  A group of people that Jeremy and I have met.  A  group of people who changed Jeremy and me forever.  Jeremy and I visited them every day for seven weeks while we waited for our adoption to be complete.  I asked you to open your hearts and consider their needs, in a time when everyone is watching finances closely.  I asked Helping Hands USA what they needed most, and of all the big, expensive luxury items they could have named off, they said fans.  I asked Helping Hands USA to consider CD players also, so the boys can have music in their lives.  Together, we formulated a plan, and somewhat nervously, I presented that plan to you. 

I hoped that we could raise $500 in a week to cover the cost of the fans and CD players.  I didn't know, honestly, if we could do it. Certainly not in a week. I didn't know if I could express their need in such a way as to raise that kind of money. 

I was so overwhelmed with gratitude when I heard from Helping Hands USA that just 4 DAYS LATER, you had helped to raise $720.00 for Seth's former institution.  I was humbled and so very grateful.  Not only were fans and CD players delivered, but they had money left over to buy a few other things for the boys, girls and men who live behind that gate: 

Three of the fans and CD players:

One fan and CD player, delivered to Seth's front room, as promised:

Art supplies:

Diapers:

Food for all the men, boys and girls: 

And shoes for two men who want to go to church but couldn't because there were holes in their shoes and they couldn't walk that far in them:




Thank you, thank you for your willingness to step forward to help a group of people you've never met.  They are some of the sweetest people I know, with the purest hearts, and they have the hardest lives with little or no hope of ever getting out.  I feel their hopelessness and their despair and I want so much to brighten their day and let them know that somewhere, someone cares for them, is aware of them, and is willing to sacrifice for them.  Thank you for being those people.  If some good can come out of Seth's time spent in the institution, I want this to be it- that a group of men otherwise forgotten are receiving your love and compassion. 

If you have not already done so, please click on this link and "like" Helping Hand USA on facebook.  They are doing a fantastic job of serving a very needy and very, very deserving group of orphans.

No comments:

Post a Comment