These are pics of him taken today, in our backyard, doing what he loves most.
Swinging.
Is that transformation even possible? Can that even be the same little boy? It is.
Not much more needs to be said. The pictures say it all.
Families heal little boys.
It's been eight months today, and without a doubt, I've learned even more than he has. Parenting a post institutional kid with special needs is tough stuff. Watching life get breathed into a child again is a phenominal experience and an incredible blessing. I simply cannot even imagine him sitting in that institution, in that wheelchair, waiting for his turn to die. I just can't.
It's been eight months today, and without a doubt, I've learned even more than he has. Parenting a post institutional kid with special needs is tough stuff. Watching life get breathed into a child again is a phenominal experience and an incredible blessing. I simply cannot even imagine him sitting in that institution, in that wheelchair, waiting for his turn to die. I just can't.
In other adoption news, our friends the Jobes are about to travel to go get Josiah!!! I cannot wait for them to hold that little boy in their arms. I think I will cry as much as Faith. Josiah has waited far too long for this day.



I can't either. I was just sitting here with my little guy nestled in my lap. Kissing his dimples as he talked about this and that. Thinking of where he was... so grateful for where he is... I can't wait for the Jobes to get Josiah out. I know it will be hard - those first months - the first year - but God is in the healing business. Taking broken little boys and restoring them so that they can handle sitting on their Mama's laps and receiving the kisses their little hearts so longed for for far too long.
ReplyDelete